Hidden Springs Idaho - The 10 Things I Love Most About Hidden Springs
1) Elbow Room and Room to Breath: Hidden Springs is known for its dedicated community space and access to the foothills. The drive from town is about 7 minutes and you have a sense of being in the country, but without feeling isolated. The homes are sited to take advantage of the open spaces and views and there just seems to be a little extra space!
2) Sense of Security: Boise in general has extremely low crime rates, and Hidden Springs crime is nearly non-existent.
3) The Beauty: The Dry Creek Valley was once a working farm. The foothills are an ever present backdrop for the entire community, and as the sun sets and rises, the hills literally are a little different color every morning and night depending on the hues of the sky. If it's your first time through the neighborhood, you might instantly think "Mayberry"...or perhaps even The Truman Show :-). It has a very "perfect" utopic feel about it, but the residents are "real" and down to earth and take a great deal of pride in their homes.
4) The Merc: The Mercantile is this amazing little hub in the community where you can find live music on Friday night, where the kids can go after school for pizza and cookies, and where the BSU fans can gather on game night and cheer to their hearts content. The Merc also serves breakfast, ESPRESSO!, and has a significant wine stock to choose from.
5) The Trails: It's fun to hit the trails, and let loose of some steam. The Hidden Springs trails are dog-friendly, kid friendly, people friendly. One of the favorite trails for my kids is adjacent to Dry Creek. The trail leads to a little bridge that crosses the creek and it's a perfect spot to play in the creek and hunt for creatures.
6) Hidden Springs Elementary School (Previously Hidden Springs Charter School): I have three children in the school system (now in 6th, 5th and 3rd grade) and every teacher we've had (plus the principle) has been truly phenomenal. Parents are encouraged to be involved through volunteer time in the classroom, and the test scores reflect that Hidden Springs Elementary is one of the top-perfoming schools academically in the Boise School system. Each grade has a new emphasis on community service. Hidden Springs Elementary School is located in the heart of the community, and when the weather is nice, the mass of children on their bikes riding to and fro is truly a site to see!
7) The Parks and Pools: With two swimming pools and an over abundance of community parks, there is always somewhere to go (and people to meet). During the summer, the Hidden Springs Swim Team trains at the South Meadow pool and hosts several meets during the season.
8) The People: In a world where it's very easy to hide in your home, surf the net or watch the tube, Hidden Springs is a true community. There are community events planned throughout the year (my favorite is the 4th of July kiddie parade and summer concert). In the Hidden Springs constituency, there are all types: Young families, empty nesters, retirees...professionals, blue collar, artists...working moms, stay-at-home moms (and dads)...married, single, newly single...Republicans, Democrats, Republicans that act like Democrats...BSU lovers, BSU not-so-much lovers (a.k.a. Vandal fans)...athletes, has-been athletes...you'll find all types
9) The Hidden Springs Library is a branch of the Ada County Community Library system. Any book available at any of the Boise Libraries can be requested and will be available for pick-up. The classes at Hidden Springs Elementary does not have its own library and utilizes the Hidden Springs library for independent reading studies as well as research projects.
10) The Commute: That's right...I said the commute. Driving Cartwright Road, you can be at Bogus Basin Road in approximately 10 minutes and 7 minutes to State Street if you travel Seaman's Gulch road. My primary place of business is in Downtown Boise, and my commute from door to door is usually less than 20 minutes...low traffic and no stoplights once I hit Harrison Boulevard. It's a peaceful drive to unwind, and I smile all the way home.
The video below says the rest...no further explanation required!
Click To View All Hidden Springs Homes for Sale
All Information Contained Within is Copyright Lee Hill & Eva Hoopes Real Estate Team
Hidden Springs Idaho - The 10 Things I Love About Hidden Springs